- Desert Mouth – The most insulting effect has been my mouth. It has become a dry cracked wasteland. My tongue is cracking, and my taste buds are becoming neutralized. I can barely taste salt and sugar at this point. I cooked some sketti for Alex and Sandra the other night and it tasted like I had under-seasoned the whole dish…what kind of cook had I have potentially become? My guess now is that dish was as salty as hell and they were telling me it was fine to make me feel alright. Sorry guys!
- I’m Sorry I Got Fat – Depending on the doc I talk to I’m told to either stop or not to stop taking steroids while going through treatment. Due to the steroids I’ve not lost any weight during treatment. I have gained weight…a lot of weight…about 30 lbs so far. Some docs tell me this is a good thing, but my pants and shirts are telling me a different story. At this point we’re going to try and just take the steroid every other day and walk the line between the docs to see if that’ll make them all happy.
- I think I might just rest my eyes – Fatigue is the other biggie. I’m just tired. I always feel like closing my eyes, and don’t have a lot of energy to be an active social person. I want to be around people, just with my eyes closed and a smile from the rest I’m getting.
- Tough shit – The combo of all these pills makes specialized rocks out of your food input, making the saddest geologist a happy one.
- Hair Loss – So I thought with the angles they were shooting this radiation through me I could sport my mohawk as a middle finger to the brain cancer. My mohawk hair just started falling out, so I might need a fake one soon. I’m not giving up this signal to that bastard.